So, are you ready to start raiding in Cataclysm?
Even though we are a pretty small, solid, 10-man raid guild, I still thought it would be good to publish a checklist of requirements we would like a raiders to reach before we start our first week of raiding (first week of January). It’s mostly to help some people prioritize their goals and so, frankly, we have something to point to if someone doesn’t know why they weren’t invited.
I wanted to share it here in case you are looking for some help in setting your own or your guild’s goals.
It’s a rather easy set of goals to achieve, but every point has a justification. It also isn’t class specific – after all, knowing what enchants and stats are important to your class is ALWAYS a requirement!
- Average Item Level 340+: I know gear isn’t everything. But it isn’t nothing, either. This can easily be achieved by having mostly heroics gear and maybe a rep/crafted item or two.
- All gear enchanted: Even I have had to force myself to get over my old, stubborn, Wrath mentality of “I won’t enchant Blues!”
- All slots gemmed: This includes one of those crazy expensive Meta gems, with its requirements met.
- Best possible head enchant: That means Revered with the reputation appropriate for your class/spec.
- Best possible shoulder enchant: That means Exalted with Therazane.
- Both Primary Professions at 500+: This might seem like an odd requirement… professions don’t have that much to do with raiding performance, but they have a lot to do with your ability and willingness to contribute to the guild. That’s a team attribute that we value highly. Each profession also provides unique bonuses to a character, which everyone should be looking to utilize.
- First Aid at 475+: Healing isn’t just for healers! First aid is extremely easy to level and can allow the healer to focus on more important things than repairing you after you accidentally stood in the stupid. This is most important for DPS, but healers themselves and tanks should still take advantage of it to relieve healer mana issues.
Not everyone will agree on these requirements, or you may have additional requirements of your own (please share them in the comments!)
And of course, the list of what makes you ready for each individual raid night is a different list completely! (repaired, flasks, buff food, strategies, etc.)
No related posts.