If you hadn’t noticed by my lack of ‘This Week in Raiding’ posts lately, I haven’t been raiding much. There are many reasons for it, school and work have been keeping my schedule unpredictable, and our guild has lost many key members, and we can’t pull together much on our own anymore.
Well, a friend of mine tired desperately to get me to faction & server transfer to raid with her…
AND I DID IT!
There’s no way my Troll could ever be anything but a Troll! It just isn’t right. And I’m just too cheap.
So instead, I rerolled a new Dwarf (yes, a female!) Hunter on Skullcrusher to quickly level up to play with her.
Meet Ailsa, and her fuzzy bear friend Righneas (it means Tenacity in Gaelic or Scottish or something. I’m that clever.) And yes, she uses a bow. Remnants of my Trollish tendancies, maybe?
It’s been a long time since I leveled a hunter… nearly 4 years, actually. And a lot of things have changed. But it’s interesting to level a class you already know very well, and I’ve discovered a few things:
- With the removal of the dead zone, leveling 1-10 with no pet is so much easier.
- Kiting is your best strategy for 1-10, not melee.
- Make sure you keep those ammo stacks at 1000!
- Not having Feign Death, Intimidation or Misdirect makes me much squishier, and there’s a lot less room for aggro.
- OMG HOW DID WE EVER LEVEL TO 40 WITHOUT A MOUNT?! MADNESS!
- Blizzard seriously needs to add Hunter loot to quest rewards, I’m sick of all this cloth and plate or spirit leather crap.
- Female dwarves have extremely bouncy boobs. Every heard of a bra? Seriously, ouch.
As of writing this, I’ve just hit level 36. That’s 36 levels in only a week and a half! Not too bad for me. Now just another 44 levels to go! *sigh*
- Falling in love with Huntering, all over again
- And after a long day of “studying for exams”…
- Levitate is for SS!
- Tales from the Dungeon Finder
- Bring the Player, Not the Keybindings!