Maybe you read my Pre-raid Gear List for Anti-social Ret Paladins and thought to yourself, “But I’m not anti-social! I hate rep grinds and wasting gold on gear.”
Then this is the list for you. If you feel lucky enough to win the RNG game, or you just plan love to run dungeons and heroics, you can find a list of gear you’ll want to keep an eye out for.
I’ve also included Dungeon quest rewards in here, so you should pick up those quests for guaranteed ‘drops’.
Which dungeons should you be running the most, though? Well, going through this list… the dungeons with the most possible upgrade are Violet Hold (7) and Halls of Lightning (9). Chances are, something will drop that you’ll need. What ones aren’t worth your time? Azjol-Nerub (2) and Old Kingdom (2). Yay! No one likes those ones anyway, right?
Make sure you also check out all the non-instanced gear, there are some amazing items there if you’re willing to work for them! Certainly the best gear set will come from a combined effort of instances and solo stuff, but not everyone has both as an option.
- [Chitin Shell Greathelm] Anub’arak, Azjol-Nerub (Heroic)
The only drop with a meta slot, which makes this pretty valuable.
- [Planetary Helm] Loken, Halls of Lightning (Heroic)
- [Faceguard of Punishment] Quest, Utgarde Pinnacle
- [Brann's Lost Mining Helmet] Krystallus, Halls of Stone
- [Pendant of the Outcast Hero] 25 Emblems of Heroism
- [Necklace of Arcane Spheres] Xevoss, Violet Hold (Heroic)
- [Gold Amulet of Kings] Yimiron, Utgarde Pinnacle (Heroic)
- [Necklace of the Chrono-Lord] Chrono Lord Epoch, Culling of Stratholme
- [Snake Den Spaulders] Slad’ran, Gundrak (Heroic)
- [Pauldrons of the Lightning Revenant] Ionar, Halls of Lightning
- [Shoulderplates of the Beholder] Moragg, Violet Hold
- [Chiseled Stalagmite Pauldrons] Oronok, Nexus
- [Mantle of Volkhan] Quest, Halls of Lightning
- [Shroud of Reverberation] Volkhan, Halls of Lightning (Heroic)
Expertise is always useful (well, until you hit the cap).
- [Cloak of the Gushing Wound] Erekem, Violet Hold (Heroic)
- [Embrace of Sorrow] Maiden of Grief, Halls of Stone
- [Centrifuge Core Cloak] Varos, Occulus
This is your answer if you’re already hit and expertise capped.
- [Breastplate of Undeath] Novos the Summoner,Drak’tharon Keep (Heroic)
- [Bonegrinder Breastplate] Prince Taldaram, Old Kingdom (Heroic)
- [Engraved Chestplate of Eck] Eck, Gundrak
- [Wing Commander's Breastplate] Varos Cloudstrider, Occulus
- [Breastplate of Jagged Stone] Quest, Halls of Lightning
- [Forlorn Breastplate of War] Moorabi, Gundrak
- [Bands of the Stoneforge] Sjonnir, Halls of Stone (Heroic)
- [Golden Limb Bands] Krik’thir, Azjol-Nerub (Heroic)
- [Vambraces of the Vengeance Bringer] Quest, Utgarde Keep
- [Gauntlets of Dragon Wrath] Eregos, Occulus (Heroic)
- [Gauntlets of Capture] Cyanigosa, Violet Hold (Heroic)
- [Fists of Loken] Loken, Halls of Lightning
- [Gauntlets of The Culling] Quest, Culling of Stratholme
- [Plate Claws of the Dragon] Cyanigosa, Violet Hold
- [Flame-Bathed Steel Girdle] Keristraza, Nexus (Heroic)
- [Verdungo's Barbarian Cord] 40 Emblems of Heroism
- [The General's Steel Girdle] General Bjarngrin, Halls of Lightning (Heroic)
- [Strategist's Belt] Prince Keleseth, Utgarde Keep (Heroic)
- [Spiked Metal Cilice] Salramm the Fleshcrafter, Culling of Stratholme
- [Staggering Legplates] Ingvar, Utgarde Keep (Heroic)
80 hit rating? Yowza!
- [Legplates of Steel Implants] Meathook, Culling of Stratholme (Heroic)
- [Legplates of the Oculus Guardian] Varos Cloudstrider, Occulus
- [Ancient Royal Legguards] King Ymiron, Utgarde Pinnacle
- [Rift Striders] Anomalus, Nexus (Heroic)
Mmmm, red socket….
- [Echoing Stompers] Svala Sorrowgrave, Utgade Keep (Heroic)
- [The Obliterator Greaves] Zuramat, Violet Hold (Heroic)
- [Enticing Sabatons] Quest, Drak’tharon Keep
- [Hemorrhaging Circle] Galdarah, Gundrak (Heroic)
33 expertise will be a great boost while you work towards the cap.
- [Band of Frosted Thorns] Oronok, Nexus
- [Mobius Band] Chrono Lord Epoch, Culling of Stratholme
- [Bjarngrim Family Signet] General Bjarngrim, Halls of Lightning
- [Mirror of Truth] 40 Emblems of Heroism
- [Sphere of Red Dragon's Blood] Keristraza, Nexus (Heroic)
A great filler if you’re low on hit rating.
- [Incisor Fragment] King Dred, Drak’tharon Keep (Heroic)
- [Meteorite Whetstone] King Ymiron, Utgarde Pinnacle (Heroic)
- [Colossal Skull-Clad Cleaver] Loken, Halls of Lightning (Heroic)
- [Saliva Corroded Pike] Moragg, Violet Hold (Heroic)
- [Sword of Justice] Tribunal of Ages, Halls of Stone (Heroic)
- [Mojo Masked Crusher] The Prophet Tharon’ja, Drak’tharon Keep (Heroic)
- [Hammer of Grief] Maiden of Grief, Halls of Stone (Heroic)
- [Edge of Oblivion] Jedoga Shadowseeker, Old Kingdom (Heroic)
- [Wyrmclaw Battleaxe] Eregos, Occulus
- [Dreadlord's Blade] Dark-runed Chest, Culling of Stratholme
- [Libram of Reciprocation] 15 Emblems of Heroism
As of 3.1, this Libram is pretty useless. This may change in 3.2 when they get rid of Seals of Blood and Martyr, but right now I can only see someone picking this up to finish off their Superior achievement.
- Pre-raid Gear List for Anti-social Ret Paladins
- Upgrades for Anti-social Hunters
- Little-known symptom of strep throat: Chronic WoW playing.
- Ghugh’s Heroic Adventures
- This Week in Raiding… How Brajana Got Her Groove Back