Okay, so the ingredients don’t totally match up, but it’s a fish and looks like the one you get ingame. And yes, that’s a cellphone picture. My apologies for not looking too appetizing.
- Whole fish (I prefer snapper, but any whole fish should be okay. Make sure it’s cleaned and scaled.)
- 3-4 teeth of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Bottle of beer (I like a nice wheat, such as Sierra Nevada, for this.)
- 1-2 oranges
Preheat oven to 350F. Double check to make sure fish is clean and completely scaled. If you’d like, remove the tail and fins to fry separately. Score the fish on both sides. Salt and pepper inside and outside. Throw the garlic teeth inside the cavity. Place fish in a shallow baking pan (deep enough to hold the beer though). Drizzle the lemon juice all over the fish, then spread mayonnaise on the top of it. Don’t go crazy with the mayo; it’s there mainly to keep the fish from drying out. Pour the beer into the pan, as much as needed to get about a 1/4 inch deep lake of hoppy goodness.
Pop into oven for 15-25 minutes, depending on the size of the fish. A 1-2lb fish should take closer to 15 minutes, whereas a 3-4lb fish will be closer to 25 minutes.
When the fish is done, take it out. Cut the orange(s) in halves or quarters, use as garnish and for drizzling over the fish in place of more lime.
I hope the mayo doesn’t scare anyone. It really doesn’t taste of mayonnaise at all, and the fish stays very moist.
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Guinesa’s Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Brajana’s Beer Basted Boar Ribs
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Layniana’s Warsong Victory Northern Stew (WINNER!)
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Guild Cooking Contest!
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Tigerfeet’s Dwarven Mild