I was really hoping someone would choose this recipe! And Guin sure did I was quite interested once I saw it… mayonnaise and coffee? In my cake? Huh! It’s worth a try Unfortunately, since I don’t drink coffee, I had no way of brewing a cup of coffee… so I took a short walk to the closest Tim Horton’s to pick one up.
I decided to make cupcakes from this recipe, and used some chocolate frosting I had handy instead of making hers, which was probably a mistake, as the frosting I used wasn’t very good. The cupcakes themselves, however, were great. And you could taste the coffee a bit, which gave it a neat difference to regular cupcakes!
This recipe caused our guild to develop a new innuendo – because I had to AFK saying: “brb guys, I have to go frost my cupcakes”.
- 2 cups Simple Flour
- 1/2 cup Ghirardeli cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Mild Spices (salt)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Helman’s Mayonnaise
- 1 Flask (cup) brewed black coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- “Mageroyal” (optional) to taste
- 1 stick unsalted sweet butter
- 2 drops of vanilla
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar, (adjust for humidity by adding a little milk or extra sugar)
Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, “Mageroyal” (optional), and Mild Spices (salt). Cream together the sugar, mayonnaise, brewed black coffee and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; stir until well blended. Pour batter into greased and floured layer cake pans (or a 9- x 13-inch pan). Bake at 350°F. for about 35-40 minutes if cooking in a 9 X 13 inch pan. 25-30 minutes for layers, or 20-25 minutes for cupcakes.
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Pilsner’s Fish Feast
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Brajana’s Beer Basted Boar Ribs
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Guild Cooking Contest!
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Tigerfeet’s Dwarven Mild
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Layniana’s Warsong Victory Northern Stew (WINNER!)