The Secret Agent Cat posted her submission up on her blog a few weeks ago, so instead of copying it all out here, I’ll just write up my little review and send you over to her for the details!
Dwarven Mild by Tigerfeet
Tigerfeet was quite excited about this contest, and I must say I found her recipe the most interesting! I’ve never thought of making my own cheese… and this recipe was quite simple. I tried it out, and it turned out to be a little more work than I was expecting! But it was still fun. The consistency was… interesting. I don’t want to say what I thought it reminded me of, because that’d just gross people out. I forgot to add the salt at first, but once I added it, it was quite tasty! Reminded me of something, but I can’t really put my finger on it. It was a lot like cream cheese though. Went nicely with crackers!
I wish there were tips on how to hang the cloth over the bowl. I used oodles of tape (and 2 bowls) so that the cloth wouldn’t fall in!
Also, while Tigerfeet’s suggestion of adding honey to make it sweet sounds great, do NOT try it with maple syrup. It wasn’t pleasant.
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Guinesa’s Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Guild Cooking Contest!
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Brajana’s Beer Basted Boar Ribs
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Pilsner’s Fish Feast
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Layniana’s Warsong Victory Northern Stew (WINNER!)