It’s pretty simple and customizable. Both the beer and the BBQ sauce are Canadian, so you’ll have to substitute your own favourites if you’re not from the Great North!
Makes about 2 servings, feel free to scale it up to satisfy your Orcish hunger.
- ~900g (~2 lbs) of Crag Boar Ribs
- 6-pack of Rhapsody Malt*
- 1.5 cups of Goblin Rocket Fuel**
- Pinch of Mild Spices***
- Pinch of Refined Deeprock Salt
- Cut ribs into individual sections of 1 or 2 ribs. At the same time bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add salt and spices to the boiling water, and then boil the ribs for about 20 minutes in the seasoned water. Drain.
- Pre-heat the broiler while the ribs cool for a few minutes.
- Put the ribs on a baking sheet (I’d recommend covering it with tin foil) and brush the ribs lightly on both sides with some of the Goblin Rocket Fuel. (be careful with the Rocket Fuel if you’ve got a gas stove! Masks are recommended.)
- Broil the ribs for about 8 mins on each side.
- Put the ribs in a slow cooker. Add the remaining Rocket Fuel and one bottle of beer. Cook on high for 3-3.5 hrs.
- Have a good time drinking the remaining 5 bottles of beer while you enjoy your ribs!
You can use a BBQ instead of the broiler and/or the oven at 375 instead of the slow cooker. But I work with what I’ve got And I love my slow cooker!
**Goblin Rocket Fuel: Bull’s-Eye Guiness BBQ Sauce is great (official BBQ sauce of the Calgary Stampede!) Feel free to use your favourite BBQ sauce… preferably one with an alcoholic touch (Bourbon, maybe?)
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Guinesa’s Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Guild Cooking Contest!
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Pilsner’s Fish Feast
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Tigerfeet’s Dwarven Mild
- Unemployed’s Top Chef: Layniana’s Warsong Victory Northern Stew (WINNER!)