The wait is over! A few of the 3.1 changes have been anounced for hunters! If you haven’t read them already…
- Consumable ammunition has been removed from the game. Arrows and bullets no longer stack, but are not consumed. Ranged attack speed bonus gained from quivers and ammo bags will be preserved in a different capacity.
- A new tier of hunter pet talents have been added. In particular, this allows Beastmaster hunters to improve their damage per second (DPS) with their 51 point talent.
- Hunting Party – this talent has been reduced to 3 ranks and also grants a passive bonus to the hunter.
- Piercing Shots – this talent has been changed. Your Aimed, Steady and Chimera Shots cause the target to bleed for 10/20/30% of damage dealt for 8 sec.
- Sniper Training – this talent has been changed. After standing still for 6 sec, you gain a 2/4/6% damage bonus to Steady, Aimed and Explosive Shot.
- We are also looking to add additional trap functionality to Survival.
They are nice. While it doesn’t affect the nerfitization of Hunters, #1 is by far the most exciting change for me. I don’t know what I’m gonna do with all the bag space! I’m just sorry to all the ammo vendors out there.
I hope the new pet talents are really snazzy – I’m pretty happy with the ones I’ve been using, so they better be crazy good.
Over all, they are some attractive changes, but… where’s the major rebalance?
I think some of the other classes have had much more intense changes than we have – and all along they’ve been acting like their going to change what it means to be a Hunter.
I’m sure there is more to come… but this isn’t at all what I was expecting. It’s not bad, it’s just different.
- Getting a Feel for MM Shots and Specs
- A Shot at Survival
- Brajana’s Raiding Talent Spec
- Beast Mastery post-3.0.9 Test Results
- Beast Mastery 3.0.2 to 3.0.9 Raid Comparison (with pictures!)